By alexjc | September 13, 2007
There’s a new site on Game AI called AiGameDev.com (feed). It features daily articles in a blog-like format, including reviews, editorials, and tutorials, not forgetting regular community discussions on game AI.
Here are some interesting posts made recently.
Machine Learning in Games
Game developers are increasingly keen to try ML techniques, but it does take some know-how and experience.
- The Secret to Building Game AI that Learns Realistically
- Alternatives to Online Learning for Actor Behaviors
- Game AI: Beauty and the Beast
Hierarchical Planning & Behavior Trees
Planners have proven themselves very effective in recent games, and hierarchical planners are the next logical step.
AiGameDev.com also has summaries of recent events, very useful for catching up with what went on…
- AIIDE ‘07 Conference Coverage
- Pushing the Limits of Game AI Technology
- Apply AI 2007 Roundtable Report
Be sure to check out the site/blog if you’re interested in game AI!
Category: review |